"Bridges Routers and Interconnections", by Radia Perlman is a good start.
But specifically, what Layer 2 technology are you most interested in?
Ethernet?  ATM?  Frame Relay?  I've found "Switched and Fast Ethernet" by
Robert Bryer and Sean Riley to be a pretty good book if your focus is on
Ethernet.

I've also got a good amount of resources on my web site at
www.itprc.com/datalink.htm

irwin