Title: security ccie beta exam 351-018
I'm taking the beta in 10 days.  In looking around, I've noticed that the CCIE Security beta Exam Blueprint is similar to the Security CCIE Requalification Test.  Also, the new (as of next year) requirements for CCNP-Security are being changed to include tests on Advanced PIX, Cisco Secure - Intrusion Detection System (aka NetRanger), and Cisco VPN (a few more details on the CCNP-Specializations page).  Looking at the Blueprint, I would focus on the protocols, Cisco's implementation thereof and the part of their product line listed.  The Syngress book that may approximate the MCNS course is scheduled to be out October 30th.  We'll see if it is (Cisco Press MCNS isn't due to be out until December).  I've got a book by Uyless Black called Internet Security Protocols which is good and concise, but not comprehensive for testing purposes, I also have the Win2K Security Design Exam Cram for quick coverage of IPSec and Kerberos, etc.  I've read here that "Enhanced IP Services..." by Donn Lee (Cisco Press) has 3 good chapters on security, and of course, the Kaeo Designing Network Security.  Good Luck.
"Phil.Lerner"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message<ACFB5A84E724D411893F00600841E4A049E98E@EXCHANGESERV> ...

Has anyone taken this beta yet?