Hi All,
           As I tie up my studying in light of the big day I was looking for some clarity on the issue of token ring explorer frames.

Within the RCF(Routing Control Field) bits 15-13 define the valid types of explorer frames;

000   -  Specifically routed frames(unicast)
100   -  All Route explorer frames
110   -  Spanning-tree or single route explorer frames.

My question has to do with the fact that I'm also reading or seeing references to

000 as a Single route explorer.

My understanding if I'm not mistaken thinking that a Spanning-tree/single route explorer are the same.

Could someone help me clear up my thinking on this issue.

TIA

Nigel.