Brad,

I believe that you just need the control-shift-6 part of that.  This is
important if you happen to be telneting/reverse-telnetting through another
router to where you are attempting to run the trace.  If you use
ctrl-shft-6-x, you'll get kicked back to the previous router.  For example

termserv>r1
Trying r1 (10.1.1.1)... Open
r1>trace www.groupstudy.com
Type escape sequence to abort.
Tracing the route to www.groupstudy.com (208.32.175.78)
1  *  *  *
2  *  *  *
3  *  *  *  [ctrl-shft-6]
r1>                      <--- just takes you back to the CLI
r1>trace www.groupstudy.com
Type escape sequence to abort.
Tracing the route to www.groupstudy.com (208.32.175.78)
1  *  *  *
2  *  *  *
3  *  *  *  [ctrl-shft-6-x]
termserv>                <--- kicks you back to the term server

Hope this helps.  At least it'll save time logging back into the router multiple times
trying to run multiple traces.

Matthew C. Sypherd
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
CCNP+Security CCDP CCSE MCSE

Brad Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@groupstudy.com
10/30/2000 11:41 PM

Please respond to Brad Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]