I have used this to establish a ppp connection.

interface Asyncxx
 ip unnumbered Ethernet0/0
 ip helper-address x.x.x.x - WINS, DHCP, DNS
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation ppp
 ip tcp header-compression passive
 no ip mroute-cache
 autodetect encapsulation ppp
 async mode interactive
 peer default ip address x.x.x.x (address given to calling device, available
ip from e0 range above.))
 compress mppc
 ppp authentication chap pap callin

line xx
 autoselect arap
 autoselect during-login
 autoselect ppp
 arap enable
 modem InOut
 modem autoconfigure type usr_sportster
 transport input all
 stopbits 1
 speed 115200
 flowcontrol hardware

not sure that this will cover your authentication to pop site...but that
shouldnt be to hard to add.

-jm