And it was one of the ten best for the decade according to network
computing.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Brian
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 1:56 PM
To: Keith Townsend
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cisco 4000M

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Keith Townsend wrote:

> Brian I really appreciate all the help you've given me over the past
couple
> of days.  I have another question.  I noticed routers like the 2507 going
> for about $500-$600 bucks.  I may be missing something here but isn't the
> 2507 just a 2501 with a built in hub.  If so, why do they sell for less
than
> the 2501.

yes.  they sell for less, because of lack of education.  People
"know" what a 2501 is, so they search for it and try to get one, not
realizing that things like the 2503 and 2507 are actually a 2501 and then
some.  2501 is a legend, it has history, so it sells for a
premium......its a good box though.

$500 for a 2507 is a great price.

Brian

> Thanks
>
> Keith
>
> "Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Keith Townsend wrote:
> >
> > > How much do you guys think a 4000M with 16MB ram and 4MB of flash with
> no
> > > modules is worth.  And how much would a dual serial module cost me.
Or