Just wrote the CCIE Written. Plenty of folks on this list have also done so
lately, so I wouldn't bother with my review, except my perceptions were a
little different than those of Chuck et. al.

Biggest difference from previous reviews was that my test did not have a lot
of Token Ring / Bridging. Don't get me wrong, it was there, but not in the
amounts that I was expecting. In general, I found the topic distribution to
be pretty even among the various areas.

Not surprisingly, since I have a good foundation of internetwork theory (not
necessarily Cisco-specific) I scored 100% on the network theory section. The
worst thing about this section is that one can't really study for it over
the course of a few weeks. This test was very well-rounded, in that it
covered a little bit of everything significant to networking today (and some
that isn't...)

Also, not so recently, but in the past people have posted to Groupstudy that
this is a really easy test. Let me assure you that this test is not to be
taken lightly. It is very achievable, but it is no joke. In my opinion, the
test I took was trickier than any of the CCNP/CCDP tests.

I can vouch for most of the resources Chuck L posted about the other day.
Halabi and Doyle are both excellent reads. Not just for this test, but for
later on. I'll be reading both books at least one more time. The Token Ring
whitepaper by L Rossi from www.ccprep.com taught me how to decode RIFs in
about 15 minutes, and that's a topic I was afraid of. Finally, if you can
get some test-prep software (ie. Boson, CertificationZone etc) I'd recommend
it. I didn't use any for this test, but in the past (NP/DP) I have found
practise questions to be very helpful.

Also just want to say I've been on this list for over a year and half, but
only posted 10 times at most. I'm more of a reader than a speaker, but I do
find groupstudy a helpful resource, sorting the good posts from the noise on
the list is well worth it.