Well, that was a lot of fun. The Sylvan test center had major system
problems. Mine was the only one of five test takers whose computer was
operational. The noise from the troubleshooting was distracting, as well as
annoying. But that's ok. How many real life situations have I been in where
the conditions required concentration and there was no help from around me?
:->

That said, I thought the test was ok. There were a couple of outstanding
questions. Required some intelligence and some thought. There were a number
of questions which required thorough understanding of protocol behavior.

I'm looking through the blueprint as I write, so as not to violate the NAD.
Let's see......

OK. There were a fair number of questions that were not really security
related. I suppose they fall under the blueprint category "general
networking" So in this respect, preparation would be similar as for the R&S
exam.

The rest was, as others have said, faithful to the blueprint. The blueprint
calls for knowledge of Unix and NT operating systems. I saw related
questions. The blueprint details security protocols such as Kerberos,
RADIUS, TACACS+   Believe the blueprint. When the blueprint states there
will be questions regarding application protocols, and names them, they
ain't lying!

All in all, a good test. One which I believe can be passed with more book
knowledge than practical experience. Same as the R&S exam, in fact.

As we all know, at the CCIE level, it is the Lab which separates the
contenders from the pretenders. I wondered a bit  what might be on any
security lab exam, and I keep coming back to having to do things on servers
and workstations, as well as routers. And that makes sense to me. Good
security is, after all, implemented end  to end.

I for one am happy to see this certification coming into being. I do believe
I will earnestly pursue this one after attaining my R&S

Chuck