I have a cable router that I am trying to get working in my house, but with
no success. The problem is the service provider is not giving me an IP
address and the IOS doesn't let me assign one. I believe that the service
provider wants to assign it based on the hostname, because that how my PC
gets it. Is there a way to send the router's hostname in the DHCP request?
Or does anyone know how I can get an IP address on the cable interface.
Any help would appreciated? Thanks?