Thanx for the input,

Unfortunately the configs are 120 miles away. I only
really get a chance to play at the weekends when I'm
back home.

But there is really nothing fancy in the configs.
When I cut the link TOP->RIGHT I waited for the route
to get flushed out the table i.e 280 secs (I think)

But the route from LEFT is definitely being advertised
to RIGHT according to the Sniffer and being rejected
by RIGHT. (Split Horizon Possibly)

TOP Learned two routes to Network LEFT->RIGHT via LEFT
and RIGHT Respectively and load balanced them.

I would have thought this to be the case with LEFT and
RIGHT also since RIP only has hop count to work with.

Split Horizon thoughts ....

RIGHT learned the TOP->LEFT network via TOP.
RIGHT didn't learn the TOP->LEFT Network via LEFT ?
and didn't load balance.

When I broke the link I used shutdown.
Maybe I should have physically uncoupled the link ?

Although the route did get flushed. So RIGHT should
have learned a new route to TOP->LEFT via LEFT.

Ohhhhhhhh, I'm confused.

If there is no progress I'll try to post the configs.
But they are so straight forward its untrue.

e.g before this LAB the Ethernet Seg was split, so
that I just had a linear network and this worked
perfectly. Obviously when I triangulated it, I put
both Ethernet interfaces on the same network. But that
was about it really.

Regards,

Phil.

--- Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > On Tue, 7 Nov