The difference is actually very simple.  A transitive attribute gets passed
along to every router within and between AS however a non-transitive
attribute doesn't.  This applies to both optional and mandatory attributes.
Esstentially, if the attribute is optional non-transitive and the router
does or doesn't support it, it just drops it, whereas, if it is optional
transitive and does or doesn't support it, the router must  still pass along
the attribute.

Hope that helps

Peter
CCNP, CCDA

8uat6q$bm5$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:8uat6q$bm5$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...