Hi,

Actually you could use PIX to  authenticate your VPN users on windows/NT
network but WHAT if you want to do accounting for users??

The RADIUS/TACACS uses AAA model mean authentication/authorization and
accounting..

SO if you wanna know how much time your users are accesing the network you
need to use RADIUS or TACACS for accounting.SO you can capture these
accounting packets in any software to find .

The RADIUs Vendor I have in mind is LIVINGSTON..I think its more cheaper then
your requirements!!
TACACS is Cisco proprietary AAA protocol server..and can be used only with
CISCO products where RADIUS is applicable for most of the Vendor devices.

Hope It solved your confusion.

Faisal Athar.

"Kenneth Lorenzo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You can also get a lot more information on their connection logs if you're
using RADIUS.

There are several RADIUS vendors out there that sell for less than
$1500.00 - I can't tell you who though off the top of my head but I think I
saw one several weeks ago..

Kenneth