Get out your checkbook... Concord & Tavve both manipulate Open View's
polling statistics, which uses Cisco Works to manage a portion of the
devices.  If you have just a few routers, your boss may settle for the
thumbs up approach... or the no phones ringing, everything must be fine :-)
The office I work manages 1300 Cisco's & has 24/7 tools guys that do this
stuff (not to mention a huge array of Solaris servers)...

Good Luck !!!
Phil

PS- Tavve comes highly recommended- these guys are "X" Cisco VP's & really
seem to have a handle on what NOC's need an application to do (& not)...