Give Ethereal (or any of the libpcap/winpcap stuff) a
try. These are free and are downloadable for various
platforms. They are fine for basic stuff if thats what
you're looking to analyze. It'll give you a starting
point then after awhile you can better determine what
you need in a commercial product. If you're looking to
sniff a WAN, ATM, etc connection then you'll need to
get a product with hardware to do so.

www.ethereal.com

--- Donald B Johnson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>