I am starting to get in on the internetworking portion of the network.

We have 4 3500xl stacked through GBIC running 6 vlans (2 on same switches)
and routing between all of them.
We have a Vlan for the Servers and the rest to different labs.

We are running Novell Primary DNS and Win2000 Secondary DNS. We are also
connected to the outside
to another DNS.

The switch is config with  ip name-server (outside DNS). Do not know if that
matters.

1) When we use primary only the win98 clients goes and grab the Novell DNS,
no problem and I can access
    the internal web server and go outside to access our other web server.
2) When we config  a primary DNS and a secondary it cannot go and get the
outside web server.

My question is: What is a way to make sure that my WIN98 machine use our
primary DNS and
then our Secondary if the primary fails without trying to go outside our
network? Is a Novell at the Novell DNS
that I am missing something? Is this a switch config issue?

This is my first go at the internetwork so I do not have any config to
provide. This is only my second day and I am
trying to come up with something to start troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks!

Daniel