Bob,

Can you be more specific as to what kind of switch.  Cisco products run a
proprietary protocol called CDP- Cisco Discovery protocol, but this will
only show cisco devices connected to it.

If you know what ports your devices are interconnected to, use this command:

show mac-address-table

This will show you every mac address connected to the switch.  So if you
know the mac of your device, this could be the answer your looking for.

Hope this helps.

-Scott

""Sites, Bob"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]..
.