Hello all,

I've configured a Cisco 2513 router to do full bridging between its Ethernet
port and its Token Ring port. I'm using plain transparent bridging (bridge
'x' protocol ieee).

The network is broken down into two segments:  one switched 10/100 Ethernet
segment, and one Token Ring segment. The Cisco 2513 sits in between the two.

Currently, the majority of the workstations and servers (including an NT
Server running DHCP services) are on the Token Ring side.

Initially, I had problems bridging the two segments together because of
MAC-address bitswapping issues (Token Ring uses an inverted MAC address,
Ethernet doesn't).

These issues have been resolved by using the 'bridge
bitswap-layer3-addresses' command.

However, when Windows 9x/Windows NT workstations on the Ethernet side
attempt to obtain a DHCP address through the bridge (to the NT Server on the
Token Ring network), they fail to obtain IP addresses.

Statically assigning an IP address to these machines works fine!

I'm thinking that, perhaps somewhere in the DHCP REQ and ACK packets, the
Ethernet MAC addresses are not being handled properly on the NT Server DHCP
server. Could the IP address assignments be sent back to an invalid MAC
address?

Any help would be appreciated!

Paul Lalonde