From: McCallum, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 9:03 AM
To: 'Chuck Church'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: IS-IS use??

Chuck,  come on IS-IS is an "OPEN" standard.  I am the total opposite to you
as to say I have no been without it in 2 companies that I have worked for.
As for when you should use it - to be honest I am hearing of more and more
businesses using it as people are starting to "think" that IS-IS is more
reliable than OSPF.  It is less complicated and converges quicker than OSPF.
Of course it also has its downsides but it all comes down to where
everyone's skills set lie and at the moment it lies with OSPF.  Me
personally LONG LIVE ISIS.