From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
JL
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2000 12:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: CLI help

The shortest possible abbreviation for "show run" would be "sh ru". If you
need to do this often you could also up the up arrow or ctrl-p. When typing
in commands you need only type enough letters so that IOS no longer finds
the command to be ambiguous... like copy run star for copy
running-configuration startup-configuration or sh ru for show run. If you
are unsure about how many letters you need to type so that the command is no
longer ambiguous, type out part of the command and then a question
mark...like co?  for copy.

HTH
Gragg Vaill
MCP CCNA