The "F" in FECN means forward, so I choose "a."

The packet arrives at the dest, notifying the dest that it experienced
congestion along the way, so that rules out "b." Which is actually the
correct answer if the question were "What is the purpose of BECN"

"c." is not a function of FECN nor BECN.

Sure wish "the router" was defined ;-) but this does keep it realistic ;-)

Tim