I think the idea is versatility. Its nice that you want a desk job. You
open yourself up to more opportunities when you don't restrict yourself
though. Generally network types are a mixture anyway. Bottom line is you
set a goal and do it. When your done your a different place with a
different point of view and set your next goal based on that view and how
achieving your last goal suited you. I don't know about the rest of you,
but I'm at desk most of the time that I'm working on the equipment. Sure
with installs and outages I'm crouched with a laptop balanced on my knees,
but they hurt after awhile. You need to do what you think will make you
happy. Btw, I don't classify my work as a desk job as I'm generally
bouncing off the walls. Of course there are those times when you wrestle
with a coworker or strangle customer...but not as often :)

andy