If all you want is the papers, you're better off getting ccbootcamp labs and
the Caslow book.  The content of the ECP1 class is gained by attending the
class itself - I know, judging by your email, that's a LONG ways away.
Having been to it and paid for it out of my own pockets - its highly
recommended - but no class/material by itself will be enough for the CCIE.

Its a long trip - but if there's any way you can get an employer to pay for
it - go for it!  Good luck.

Regards,
Adrian