Hi List,

I have a question about the CAR - Commited Access Rate.
SomeOne just told me that when counting byte stream for
rate-limit purposes, the calculation does not includes
media access header, but only IP header and payload. The
guy who told me this, claims that this is common behavior,
not Cisco specific. I couldn't find any proof on CCO.
Can someone prove or desprove this clam, with URL, please.
Because if this is a true statement, we have a design
"situation" here - how can I design rate-limit in case of
variable packet size (real life) if I do not exactly know
which percent of the traffic does not included in my
calculations.

--
Semion Lisyansky