On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, chris fong wrote:

> I am tired of running to labs for practicing on
> routers. So I am going to break down and start setting
> up my own lab at home. I am working on my CCNP. Does
> anybody have any suggestions on how many and which
> model routers would be in thier dream lab? So far, I

Its just important that you get a good number of interfaces.

2511    <- terminal server
2501
2502
2503
2504
2520    <- frame switch
2513

would allow you to do most things.

> am looking at 2507, 2513, 2514, 2524, and/or 2600s.
> Anybody have preferences between the 2524 and 2610
> modular routers? Thanks.

they are very different.  2600 will allow you to do FastEthernet
(2620, and therefore ISL, dot1q, VLAN's........2524 does not offer
this.  2600 also can do ATM and Voice.

Brian