From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
James Haynes
Sent:   Wednesday, November 22, 2000 9:34 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Redistribution

Hi all,

I recently took a job at a new company and one of the first tasks I've been
given is to go over the configuration and documentation of one of the WANs.
While going thru the router config's I have found some redistribution
commands that are, to me, not making sense. They are:

router eigrp 113
   redistribute static metric 1544 100 255 255 1500
   redistribute rip metric 1544 100 255 255 1500 route-map rip-to-eigrp

Now, these are not difficult commands in and of themselves and are readily
understandable. The thing that has me puzzeled is the value of the metric
for Load. Here the values for load are equal to 255. This to my
understanding represents a fully loaded route. Am I correct? If so, why
would one want to do that? If I'm not correct what is the correct
interpretation of the above values.