I have seen an issue discussed here before regarding passive ftp getting
mucked up by routing equipment?
I am experiancing this problem at the moment,  when using std. windows FTP
clients (default  Passive ftp) i get very bad performance issues connecting
to a  Unix FTP server ( no config changes here in last while)
It started from one day to the next (without me making any Router-cisco
access list changes etc)
Sympthoms are very slow port connection time after authentication, and very
slow reaction to commands there after (1-2 mins),
data transfer however is completly normal, seems to be always a prob.
connecting through these higher ports,

anyone remeber what the out come was?

weird