On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, B R wrote:

> friends!!
>
> Iam facing a problem in a ISP environment.
> Customers connect to our isdn router(3640) and static
> ip was given to diff customers  and these static
> ips are redistributed in to ospf and they can brouse
> very
> well and it is fine.But the problem is ..suddenly
> sometimes they can't browse the net when he reconnects
> the net and datatranfer becomes zero.
>
> When i clear ospf redistribution ,it works ..but
> i have to do this atleast 5 times a day.
> Can anybody pls tell me what's the reason??

Do you have a single router, or multiple routers utilzing that same
address space?  Are you only redistributing connected/static into OSPF, or
are you redistributing other protocols into one another?

> Why static ip is not getting redistributed in to
> ospf when customer connects again??

So you have confirmed that the ip is not being redistributed into OSPF
when they connect again?  What does "sh ip route x.x.x.x" show for the ip?