I assume you are using ISDN  and IP but no matter you can do similar for other
protocols.

Set the dialer idle timeout to 2000000 or so.

Router#(config-if)dialer idle-timeout 2000000

Ensure you have something set to make the call for example,

Router#(config)dialer-list "dialer group number" protocol ip permit

If the routers are often not in use and/or you are not using a routing protocol. ie
you are using a static route to talk between the routers set a routing protocol on.

Router#(config)router rip

You really need all of that plus your interface configs.

the book Building Cisco Remote Access Networks is full of good stuff.  I would say
that for people working in an access environment the BCRAN is a must.

Keep smilin'

Tony van Ree (Teunis)
Tasmania
Australia.