1578702283    Building Scalable Cisco Networks
I have this book and I compared it to the chapter structure of the new book
which is to be released next year, and there are some differences.
this book is geared more towards giving a course.

1587200015    Ccnp Routing Exam Certification Guide
I don't have this book, see the differences as bellow:
they have a sample chapter
http://www.pearsonptr.com/samplechapter/013090306X.pdf
this book is more geared towards the exam

Cisco is busy converting and adapting to new ccnp2, therefore it's going to
take some time before the final prep books are out. best way to go is 1 exam
at a time, and hopefully the rest of the books will be on time.
-Prasad

tbl of contents for ccnp routing exam cert guide:
ROBERT N. MYHRE is a consultant specializing in Cisco and Microsoft
networking, a Cisco instructor for Ascolta, and a Microsoft instructor for
MindSharp.

Table of Contents

Introduction.
Acknowledgments.
About the Author.
1. Routing Concepts.

Routing Tables. Router R0. Router R1. Router R2. Router R3. Load Balancing.
Administrative Distance. Convergence. Types of Routing Protocols. Distance
Vector. Link State. Advanced Distance Vector. Classful. Classless. Summary.
Exam Objective Checklist. Chapter 1 Practice Questions.

2. Managing IP Addresses.

A Brief History of IP Addresses. Solutions to IP Addressing Problems. Subnet
Masking (RFC 950, 1985). Route Summarization (RFC 1518, 1993). Classless
InterDomain Routing (RFCs 1518, 1519, 2050). Network Address Translation
(RFC 1631, 1994). Private Addresses (RFC 1918, 1996). Variable Length Subnet
Masking (RFC 1812, 1995). IP version 6 (RFC 2373, 1998). Variable Length
Subnet Masking (VLSM). IP Address Review. Rule 1:. RULE 2:. Calculating VLSM
Addresses. Route Summarization. Calculating Route Summarization Addresses.
Summarization with Discontiguous Networks. CIDR. Other Methods of Managing
IP Addresses. Helper Addresses. Summary. Exam Objective Checklist. Chapter 2
Practice Questions.

3. EIGRP.

EIGRP Operation. Load Balancing. Route Summarization. EIGRP and WANs.
Troubleshooting. Summary. Exam Objective Checklist. Chapter 3 Practice
Questions.

4. An Introduction to OSPF.

Operations. Overview. Router ID. Establishing Neighbors. Electing the DR and
BDR. Configuring OSPF. Exchange Protocol. Dijkstra Algorithm. Maintaining
the Routing Table. WAN Connectivity. Point-to-Point. Point-to-Multipoint.
Point-to-Multipoint Non-Broadcast. NBMA. NMBA with Broadcast. WAN Recap.
Summary. Exam Objective Checklist. Chapter 4 Practice Questions.

5. Scaling OSPF.

Configuring Multiple Areas. Route Summarization. Stub and Totally Stubby
Areas. Virtual Links. NBMA and Multiple Areas. Summary. Exam Objective
Checklist. Chapter 5 Practice Questions.

6. An Introduction to BGP.

Mechanics. To BGP or Not To BGP. Static Routes. BGP Operations.
Attributes-Path. Attributes-Origin. Attributes-Next Hop. Attributes-Local
Preference. Attributes-Weight. Attributes-MED. Attributes-Community. Summary
of Attributes. Route Summarization. Peer Groups. Internal BGP. Review.
Summary. Exam Objective Checklist. Chapter 6 Practice Questions.

7. Scaling BGP.

Prefix Lists. Multihomed Scaling Issues. Scalability Issues. Redistribution
with Interior Protocols. Redistributing Into bgp. Redistributing Into igp.
Summary. Exam Objective Checklist. Chapter 7 Practice Questions.

8. Optimizing Routing Operation.

Static Routes. Redistribution in One Direction. Redistribution in Both
Directions. Route Update Filters. Modifying the Administrative Distance.
Filtering Routing Updates. Policy Maps. Summary. Exam Objective Checklist.
Chapter 8 Practice Questions.

Appendix A: Routing Commands.
Appendix B: Practice Question Answers.
Appendix C: TC/IP Subnetting.

""Faxon, James"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Well this is interesting the Cisco Trade books all are coming with cds but
> the routing boot is not out yet from Cisco Trade isbn#1587200015 due
January
> 2001 the book someone was talking about earlier what published by
Macmillan

http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?userid=1NM0G4OVOE&mscs