Speaking of the magic number, what are they up to these days?  The CCIE
popuplation is up to 4992 as of Nov. 1st.  314 have been decertified (that
must suck, but I guess some of those folks could be retired), and the
starting CCIE number is 1000 (I believe), so that puts it around 6300.  Can
anyone confirm?
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/ccie_program/ccie_present.html

Regarding why she should allow you to have your head stuck in a book (and
actually, why she should take any TV and other wastes of time away from you
and actually push you to have your head stuck in a book):  Starting salary
for CCIE's is a minimum $100k, and $125-$150k is pretty standard in better
areas.

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNA, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+