Kind of a bizarre situation, but...

We have a large, productional network that can't be messed with too much.

Basic network could be looked at like this

<old inet router> - core(5500rsm) - distro(4700) - access(1720s)
                      /
<new inet router> ---/

What we need to be able to to do is route a couple of the customers on the
1720s towards the new internet connection until we are ready to swing
everyone over to it.

Since we already have a default route to the existing internet connection,
what is the easiest way to do this?

I've considered creating tunnels between the 1720s and the new internet
routers, but have always heard things about tunnels and CPU usage.  It is an
ethernet environment only, so I don't know of any way to source route.

Any suggestions?