>For true integration and vendor support, my suggestion is to use all
>of the point products individually (get latest versions of CW2k/RME,
>Spectrum, Marconi NMS solutions) and then integrate them via an
>Element Management System (e.g. Cisco uses CEMF) that applies
>W3C's XML and OMG's CORBA technologies to integrate NMS,
>OSS, and BSS solutions.  This is quickly becoming industry standard.

Thanks, my concern with developing in house is scalability...and the time
taken to develop the solution. i have monitoring products running for
systems and networks, but seems like there is no 'gel' to glue them
together. can Netcool or Concord be considered an element management
system? None of them can cover the entire spectrum of services needed for
an OSS, e.g. management config, IP, security, patch etc.

regards,
/yck