ASIC's are found in a number of different companies and devices including switches,
cameras probably cars and doors.

Application Specific Integrate Circuit (ASIC).

I a nutshell the Integrated Circuit is made for a specific function job not just a
general IC such as a CPU or memory.  This make the chip very mauch faster in
performing its designed function.

I think you'll find that's what it is.

Teunis
Hobart, Tasmania