From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Jonathan Hays
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 12:49 PM
To: Cisco Wave
Cc: Cisco Group Study
Subject: Re: latency

1. Let me check an assumption - you are accessing the same web page from
both PSINET and
CWIDC, correct?

2. Are you saying that is is only HTTPS causing the problem, and not HTTP?
This URL touches on some of the SSL authentication and latency issues.
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/11000/prodlit/csecm_wi.htm

3. Have you tried from other locations? From home?

Cisco Wave wrote:

> Lawrence,
> Thanks for this advice, but I bypassed the FW on my side, on the other
side it seems
> difficult to do, as I
> do not own the server. However, I can not believe that a FW will keep a
packet for 75
> seconds. Any ideas ?
> Check Packet 6 and you will see the delta time of 75seconds ! It is uge, I
am not
> talking about msec,
> but about 1 minute and 15 seconds.
> Thank you,
> Terkud
>
> terkude...check your firewall...se if it is slowing down the
processing...lawrence

> <snip>

> Dear All,
>
> I have an unexplicable latency with http when I use one carrier, and not
the other
> one. Hours and hours of tests did show that the latency is NOT coming from
the carrier
> ! Really bizarre, this is why I am asking you guys ... Please help ...
>
> Here are some tests. Basically the problem is still happening when we
cross CWIDC
> network.
> Traces and pings are working fine, however, when we use HTPPS over CWIDC,
some packets
> arrive after
> 1minute.
>
> For example, please look at packet number 6, the delta time is 75 seconds
for CWIDC,
> and only 2ms for
> PSINet.I checked all the packets data and sequences, they are all the same
in both
> case, only packet 6 is arriving
> really late.

<snip>