[Warning:  I should have broken this up into several separate questions, but
it's late and I'm feeling lazy.]

We are currently implementing video over IP over frame relay.  Our video
conferencing units have the capability to set the IP precedence of their
traffic.  I initially thought that we'd have to configure custom queueing to
adequately address any congestion problems, but I've now decided to use
simple WFQ since it takes IP precedence into account.

This is working, but I wish I could find more documentation about the
different queueing mechanisms and the details of their operation and
configuration.  I've scoured CCO and can't find any understandable
explanations of custom queueing.

I'm also confused about when these queueing mechanims activate.  Take WFQ,
for instance.  I can tell by typing "show queue s0/0" that there are no
conversations in queue, and I understand this to mean that the link is so
far from being congested that we're not really queueing anything and doing
FIFO instead.  Now, from time to time, I see a few conversations in the
queue and notice that the video packets are marked correctly and do not get
dropped, at the expense of some other less important traffic.

At what point does queueing actually begin?  At full link congestion?  That
would be a little late, in my opinion.

To those of you with experience in such things:  do you feel that WFQ is
adequate in this situation?  It appears to be working great so far, but our
links are generally not very congested...yet.

Now, the kicker.  In the not-so-distant-future we are moving to voice over
IP, as well, except this is over our entire network instead of just 3 or 4
locations.  The phone system we use sets the IP precedence of the voice
packets before they enter the network.  Would WFQ be enough for all of our
traffic?  We've got a lot of different traffic types on our links, and
though they are not currently overtaxed (unlike me) I am worried about
congestion.

Should I consider custom or priority queueing when we implement VoIP?  And
what are the implications of trying to configure any type of queueuing on
frame relay interfaces that have several subinterfaces?

This could turn into one big hairy mess!

Okay, I'm done raving for the time being.  Any advice from the battle-worn
veterans would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

John