Perhaps you can set up a log server and use the access-list.....log command.
You should be able to see when something is denied or permitted by the list.

Winston

-----Original Message-----
From: Dove [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2000 6:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Is there any methods to monitor packets accross a router

Hi all,

I would like to know is there any methods to monitor packets across a
router? I know that I can use "debug ip packet" to monitor them, but it will
generates a significant amount of output. In my environment:

Server ---R1----R2----R3----- PC

PC: 10.2.2.1
Server: 10.1.1.1

If I apply the access-list with debug command in R3 and PING from PC to
Server, it can display all packets. However, when I apply them in R2 and
PING again, nothing display. Can anyone help me? The access-list and debug
command are as follow:

Router(config)#access-list 150 permit ip host 10.2.2.1 host 10.1.1.1
Router(config)#access-list 150 permit ip host 10.1.1.1 host 10.2.2.1
Router#debug ip packet 150 detail
Router#terminal monitor

Thanks.
dovelet