Heh, well, my boss of course already had a solution for me today.
Basically, we need to move the T1 between sites outside the firewall, and
establish a VPN between them for continued access.  This is so obvious that
I can't see why it didn't hit me before.  It of course solves the problem of
the existing VPNs to other offices, as each PIX will just have VPNs to each
office and the two sites' internal networks won't be linked.

Tonight I got to move all IP/DNS for internal customers at the second site
to UUNET IPs.  Basically went through the PIX 520 and isolated all the
configuration that needed to be added to the 515 and did so.  Then I edited
all the zone files for DNS.  Lastly, I created a policy route-map as I
couldn't get in touch with Corporate to set up the 515 to VPN in (and our
main Exchange box that talks to Corp. is at site 2), so the route-map just
redirects traffic from the Exchange box to the Corp network up through the
520.  With all that set, I swapped the default routes and restarted the name
server, and everything just worked.  By Monday, no one will no the
difference as DNS will have caught up globally.

Next step is to get all the users at site 1 upgraded to the latest NetWare
client and configured to use IP as a preference as that's all that will be
going in the IPSEC tunnel, and get the VPNs configured to the other offices
at site 2's 515.  Once that's done, no reason we can't yank the T1 between
sites, move it outside the firewall, and then proceed with getting eBGP up
between our ISPs and iBGP between sites.

Internal 2621 that is the default gateway at site 2:
interface Ethernet0/0
!snipped unnecessary stuff
 ip policy route-map ModestoPIX

access-list 110 permit ip host 10.12.3.8 any
access-list 110 deny   ip any any
route-map ModestoPIX permit 10
 match ip address 110
 set ip next-hop 192.168.10.2

10.12.3.8 = Exchange box
192.168.10.2 = Site 1 Looback.

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNA, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+