Title: RE: Internet ?
I misread this earlier. I thought you were asking for a map of Internet2. Here's a map of the current internet:  http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/who/ches/map/index.html
-----Original Message-----
From: Taylor, Don [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 1:23 PM
To: 'Andre Fecteau'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Internet ?

Try http://www.internet2.edu/html/infokit.html.

- Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Fecteau [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 12:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Internet ?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows a site that would have a graphical map
of the ISP's showing how they are connected?  Of course I don't expect
the map to have every connection, but I was hoping for a basic map
showing how the ISP's are interconnected.

I was also wondering if someone knew a good site to get an explanation
of how all these Internet agencies work together?  EX: RADB, RIR, ARIN,
ICANN, IANA, RIPE, etc...  I have a basic understanding, but going to
the sites has been confusing me.  Can anyone point out a site that
really explains these things in a way a beginner can understand.  I have
been configuring alot of things on routers, but it wasn't untill I
started working with BGP that I realized how little I knew about how the
Internet is run!

Help,
Andre

--