Hi,

Attached are some of the BSCN questions which are creating lot doubts in
my mind. I found these questions on one of the web site while preparing
for BSCN exam. Please help me in understanding them as web site's
evaluation said that my answers were wrong.

Please spare some time for these questions.. if possible today...

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Mahesh

Here are the questions with my answers :-

Question 9 of 40.
Which OSPF mode of operation is <u>not</u> supported over NBMA
topologies on a Cisco router?
   A. Broadcast
   B. Nonbroadcast point-to-point
   C. Nonbroadcast multi-access
   D. Point-to-point
   E. Point-to-multipoint
My answer :-  E as it is RPC mode and is not supported in some scenarios
e.g. IP over ATM. Here I tried with option B as well but
that was also wrong.

Question 10 of 40.
What generates an OSPF type-2 LSA?
   A. ABRs
   B. ASBRs
   C. DRs
   D. BDRs
   E. Each router for each area to which it belongs
My answer :- C as Type 2  LSA's are Link LSA's.

Question 13 of 40.
Given the following configuration:

outer ospf 20
network 10.3.3.2 0.0.0.0 area 0
network 10.4.4.1 0.0.0.0 area 3
network 10.5.0.0 0.0.255.255 area 3
area 0 range 10.3.0.0 255.255.0.0
area 3 range 10.4.4.0 255.255.255.0
area 3 range 10.5.0.0 255.255.0.0

Which statement about the difference between the effects of line 6 and
the effects of line 7 is true?
   A. Line 6 advertises a single subnet into area 3 while line 7
advertises all subnets into area 3
   B. Line 6 generates a host advertisement while line 7 generates a
subnet advertisement
   C. Line 6 creates a more specific entry in the routing table of a
router belonging to area 3 than does line 7
   D. Line 6 advertises a single subnet into area 0 while line 7
advertises all subnets into area 0
My answer :-C seems to most logical...

Question 27 of 40.
Which of the following best completes the following statement?

When configuring EIGRP for WAN interfaces, the BANDWIDTH statement is
_____.
  A. required for Frame Relay only
   B. required for subinterfaces only
   C. not required
   D. only used for multipoint circuits
My answer :- no clue as very generic question.... guess was A or D but
both were wrong. I thought A becasue specially in
framerelay multipoint networks we put bandwidth but not necessarily only
on subinterfaces. We may want to use the bandwidth
command directly on a interface so that we can change the default value
of T1 (1.544MB).

Question 29 of 40.
When using Enhanced IGRP in large scalable networks, why is additional
EIGRP configuration required?
   A. To be hierarchical
   B. To adjust only WAN bandwidth because EIGRP is preconfigured (Plug
and Play)
   C. To be monitored by the administrator
   D. To create manually entered summary routes
My answer :-  I tried A and D but both were wrong. any clue

Question 37 of 40.
Which is <u>not</u> a benefit of manual route summarization in EIGRP
networks?
   A. Smaller routing tables
   B. Boundaries for query packets
   C. More rapid convergence
   D. A route to the null interface
My answer :-  C becasue if we limit query boundry, rapid concergence
will automatically happen ??

Question 38 of 40.
Which statement about an extended IP access list is true when
configuring a distribute-list to filter BGP route advertisements on a
Cisco router?
   A. It cannot be used; only standard IP access lists can be configured

   B. It can be used, to specify the source and destination IP address
of the routes
   C. It can be used, to specify the network number and subnet mask of
the routes
   D. It can be used, with a different syntax than the usual use of the
extended IP access list
My answer :-  Tried B and D but was wrong ?? no idea ..