> Would wireless technology be a possibility?

Sure, your place is idle for that....
all the machine are close, in a single floor.

> Would it be cheaper in the long run to just rerun homeruns to a centralized
> switch and stay wired?

Depends on the cabling requirement on your site.
If free run cable is acceptable. The cost is low.
If conduit and pipe work is a must. Then Wireless may be a cheaper solution.

> If we have to stay wired, what switch would you recommend?

If you don't need VLAN and VLAN routing. I suggest Catalyst 6509.
If you need VLAN and VLAN routing, I suggest you not to use Cisco.
Let's try Extreme or Foundry

> Does wireless really only go up to 11MB?

For a 802.11 Wireless LAN, yes. but in a limit distant only. And it must be an open
area. Not block by wall.
If the env is not idel. It will step down to 5MB, 2MB then 1MB.

Quncy
CCNP
HK