Bilge,

I presume all traffic is being process switched because you are
running IDS commands on this router.

This excerpt is from
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120t/120t5/iosfw2/ios_ids.htm

(watch the wrap)

"Memory and Performance Impact
The performance impact of intrusion detection will depend on
the number of signatures enabled, the level of traffic on the
router, the router platform, and other individual features enabled
on the router such as encryption, source route bridging, and
so on. Because this router is being used as a security device,
no packet will be allowed to bypass the security mechanisms.
The IDS process in the Cisco IOS Firewall router sits directly
in the packet path and thus will search each packet for signature
matches. In some cases, the entire packet will need to be searched,
and state information and even application state and awareness
must be maintained by the router."

I infer from this that all traffic will be process switched -
i.e. take the lowest performance path through the router.

>From
http://195.116.208.9/cheat/router_performance.htm
(Watch the wrap)

Throughput in PPS for various platforms:
ID   Process Fast
2500 800     4,400
2610 1,500   15,000
2620 1,500   25,000
3620 2,000   40,000
3640 4,000   80,000
3660 12,000  120,000
4500 5,000   40,000
4700 7,000   50,000

If you're seeing these kind of numbers, then this may be the
cause.

Let us know what happens.

Regards

Pete S.