First, session into the msfc and set up the virtual interface/vlan:

session 15

!
interface Vlan10
 description Backbone VLAN1
 ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
 !

Then, exit back out to the switch mode and set the port to the vlan:

set vlan 10 1/1

Once you have a physical connection on the gig port, your vlan will come up and should
be pingable.

pf