I just got my 8MB Flash SIMM which I within seconds placed in my first 2501
and did a COPY TFTP FLASH.

After it erased the Flash (which was already empty) it got half way
whereafter it timed out and the checksum was bad (of course).

I tried three times in a row just to make sure it was not just a glitch, and
I restarted my TFTP server (the free one from Cisco running on an NT 4.0),
but the same thing happened everytime.

I knew that the IOS image (igs-in-l.110-22.bin) which I had received from
TAC was good, because I had replaced my older image (in10350n) with it a
couple of weeks ago on my 4MB Flash SIMM.

However, to start troubleshooting, I changed back to my 4MB Flash SIMM
again, and did a COPY TFTP FLASH to see if the IOS image now was defect, but
that went through very well.

Okay, I then changed back again to my 8MB Flash SIMM, did a COPY TFTP FLASH
and asked it to get the older IOS image, and this time it went through the
entire process without any problems. I then tried the newer IOS image, and
this time it worked.

Are there some newer IOS images you cannot load to flash if you are booted
up on Boot ROM's (mine are IGS-RXBOOT version 10.2(5))???

It works fine now, I just thought it was a little weird.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Ole

 Ole Drews Jensen