one possible suggestion is to leverage a search engine such as
rfc-editor.org's. it allows you to search by topic and the results are
typically returned along with the obsolence hierarchy information

you might want to think about reading the original ospf (version 2: i
believe the start number is 1247) rfcs. i'm told that they are only
available in postscript because of the complexity of the drawings. i found
those drawings extremely helpful.

ironically enough, one of the richer sources of rfc pointers i've happened
upon turned out to be the microsoft tcp/ip stack whitepaper. their lip
service references mentioned specific numbers

because of some netware infrastructure support responsibilities i recently
tracked down the multicasting ones

i suspect that as our careers creep along, the security ones (ipsec & the
like) might become increasing relevant/marketable/essential

if more people read (and understood) 793, the data communications world
might be a better place to dwell within

a direct answer would be that i'm going to read all of them, but not until
after my bout with the R&S np/dp tests are successfully over (successful
for me, that is), prioritizing them by ccie relevance (igps, egps, routed,
et cetera)

"Chuck Larrieu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@groupstudy.com on 12/07/2000 11:17:45
PM

Please respond to "Chuck Larrieu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]