Well, I made it under the wire...
I passed the MCNS exam this morning with an 848.  I know... not the best
score to have, but it's good for me since I have always been terrible at
test taking.

I now have the CCNP - Security specialization.  However, I still intend
to take the other exams that are required after January 1st.  What's the
worst that can happen?

For those that will ask: I used the IOS 12.0 Network Security book, the
Designing Network Security book (though this helped the least for the
exam), the PIX documentation from CCO, and the Boson Practice exams
(saved my butt!).  I spent the last 4-5 days studying, but I also have
hands on experience with configuring PIX and router-to-router VPNs (so I
lacked heavily on AAA and NAS).

Now on to the CVOICE exam... This one I have to do, because I lost out
on a new job yesterday because I didn't know SS7 well enough!

Good luck to everyone on your exams!

-j