From: "Dyland Desmarais" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 1:44 PM
Subject: Convergence question - BCSN

Greets all,

I am currently studying for the BCSN exam, have a question . . .

1. When a distant vector protocol sends out a "flash" update when a
route goes down, do the neighboring routers who receive the "flash"
update send out their own updates immediately or do they wait for their
default update times (ie rip 's is every 30 seconds) to expire.

2. For those who have a copy of Cisco Press BCSN ISBN:1-57870-228-3:

If you'll consider Figure 1-12 on page 25, why would Routers D and E go
into holddown if the router mesh is using split horizon?

>From what I can tell, Router d would be sending out poisoned reverse
updates after Router C has updated its route to network 1.1.0.1 with the
update received from router B.  What is preventing Router C from
changing its route information to what it is receiving from Router D.

Thanx in advance . . .

Dyland