I've found a work arround.

1)  Must use 5.5.1 or later firmware. On earlier versions when the E1 port flaps it
takes
     out the entire CAT6K

2)  Disabling any unused E1 ports does not fix the problem but helps increase the
interval between flaps.

3)  All E1 ports MUST be registered with a Call Manager.

Although the CAT itself is configured from CLI it takes some of its information from
CCM

via DHCP and TFTP.  If it is not registered it does not get the correct LOAD file from
CCM.

This is similar to the problem with an old VIP30 phone continually trying to reboot
when
there is no valid load for it.

Hope that helps anyone else setting up the CAT for CIPT.