Hello,

>1. Is there any advantage/disadvantage of having many buffers compared to
>having one or two only.

Usually Data packets come in different sizes, therefor it's efficient to
categorize
these sizes into predetermined one.  For example if you dont have categories of
buffers, and only have one Large Buffer, then when you have small buffer
you will
was a lot of space just to padding the buffer, and the other way around, if
it's too
small, your data won't fit in.

>2. How and in what order they are being used by the system ?

To my understanding, Buffers are used with default setting, but you can
allocate
how much memory you will spend for buffers, and how much each buffer category
available.

Good luck, hope it's helps, and please kindly correct  my answer if it's
not right.

Regards,
Leonard Ong, ST, CCNP R&S+Voice, CCDP R&S, CSE, SAIR&GNU LCP, MCP, BCP