While the CID test is challenging, it is easily passed if the complete and
well presented material is available to learn from.  I noticed that Boson
responded quickly by revising their tests. Perhaps Sybex will quickly
respond with additions and corrections that can be downloaded.  In a rapidly
changing environment like IT/IS it would seem best to have the ability to be
adaptive and informative.

Robert's response to my message indicated that I was making a personal
critique rather than a review of the book.  I am sorry if my communication
gives this impression.  Again, my reason for advising about the book is to
help others in this forum who like me are here to learn from mistakes, share
experiences and then build upon them.  While this forum isn't perfect, it
does an excellent job of convenient cooperative learning.  My remarks were
not scathing, just factual.

As to Robert's request to give a more detailed critique of the book, I am
not completely familiar with the Cisco's Non-Disclosure Agreement but would
assume that I/we would be violation of the agreement to do a
question-by-question comparison of the exam to the material of the book in a
public or private forum.  Rather, I suggest that Robert re-take the 640-025
exam and then respond with the additions and corrections to the book that
could be easily obtained. Outside of that, I am available on a fee basis.
;-)

I further suggest to Robert/Sybex that the phrase on outside cover and on
page xxix "Everything You Need to Know to Pass the Cisco Internetwork Design
Exam" be removed.  Considering Robert's qualifying remarks to me, probably
supports the need to do this.  This was not my experience and evidently not
so for others as well.

I did find the book easy to read but, lacked the necessary content to pass
the 640-025 exam which has been my experience with Sybex books written for
Cisco exams.  On the hand,  I have had positive experiences using Sybex
books while pursing my CNE and MSCE certifications.  The Sybex book for the
Microsoft Exchange 5.5 exam was so well written that I was able to read it
in a week and then pass the exam without any other material.

Happy Holidays.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
.net...