Don't know who you talked with at Cisco but at this page:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/lan2/programs/ccdp.h
tml

You will see that if you are a CCNP you still need BOTH CCDA and CID.  If
you look at the top of the matrix you will see: "Valid CCNA and CCDA
certifications."

There is no "official" relationship between the two certifications - meaning
if you earn this you get that free.  However, they share exams that are
common to both.

On the separates track - you need 6 exams for CCDP, you need 5 for CCNP.

Using the "FRS" track you need 4 exams for CCDP, you need 3 for CCNP.

I would be phoning back, point the person to the above web page and ask
again.

Kevin Wigle
CCDP / CCNP

************

I bought this study kit and then passed the exam two weeks later.
Everything you need is on the CD.  Caveat Emptor.  If you are expecting a
hardcopy book to come with it then, you need to buy one.\

The CD comes with over 400 practice questions as well as an E-Book.  Very
handy and very informative.

On an unrelated point.  I called Cisco the other day and asked if you needed
to take the CCDA in addition to the CID test in order to get your CCDP if
you were already a CCNP and they said all you needed was the CID test.  If
you have already passed the CID test, I don't think you need the CCDA test
do you?

John Huston